There will not be a separate Hydraulic Power Committee (HPC) Fall Retreat this year—Clean Currents is the new home for the HPC fall gathering as well as HPC-related activities traditionally held during Waterpower Week (which has now pivoted to a policy-focused conference). However, you can expect the same camaraderie, education, and tours you enjoy and value. In fact, Clean Currents 2021 will enhance your HPC in-person experience!
How Clean Currents 2021 will Incorporate HPC-Related Activities
- The traditional HPC dinner will be held the evening of Tuesday, October 19, at Cuts Steakhouse in Atlanta. Just add the dinner to your Clean Currents registration.
- An all-day tour of Wallace Dam on Tuesday, October 19 will introduce participants to Georgia Power Co.’s 321.2 MW facility about 90 minutes outside of Atlanta. Be sure to add the Wallace Dam tour to your Clean Currents registration!
- The NHA Hydraulic Power Committee (HPC) Meeting will be held Wednesday, October 20 from 7:30 am to 8:45 am. This committee business meeting will cover topics including HPC 2022 Leadership Nominations, a Dam Safety Legislative Update and an update on the EUCG and NHA Joint Safety Survey. This meeting is reserved for HPC members. If you are interested in joining the HPC, please contact Luciana Ciocci at email@example.com.
How Clean Currents 2021 Will Deliver Value to HPC Members
Similar to the experience at the fall retreat and Waterpower Week, the Clean Currents education program will feature content specifically developed to help you meet the on-the-job challenges you face now and in the future. Here are the different ways to explore Clean Currents 2021 programming:
Clean Currents will offer 16.5 hours of professional development hours to attendees; a downloadable PDH certificate will be available after the conference.
Clean Currents 2021 builds on and enhances the former fall retreat by bringing the opportunity to explore the latest waterpower solutions from across the hydropower supply chain on our tradeshow floor. Many of the industry’s biggest names and innovative smaller companies have already signed up.
Attending Clean Currents will also allow participants to re-connect with HPC colleagues in person and make new connections with hydropower professionals from diverse roles and backgrounds. Experience memorable and productive networking opportunities the entire week of October 18 including:
- HPC Off-site Networking Dinner
- The Hydro Foundation’s Golf Tournament
- Homecoming Party at the College Football Hall of Fame (included with your registration)
- Women in Waterpower Breakfast
- Networking lunches (included with your registration)
- Several events/opportunities in CC: Central (the main hub of action)—including our celebratory PowerParty
All events (excluding the golf tournament, HPC dinner, and Women in Waterpower Breakfast) are included with your registration.
Take Advantage of Special Rates and Our Flexible Payment Option
NHA recognizes the challenges of restricted budgets for conference attendance/training and the uncertainty in travel. To help, we are offering four valuable registration options:
- Save up to 50% off of your registration through August 16
- Register now, pay later—delay payment for your registration until August 16*
- Take advantage of our special Asset Owners rates
- Add on more savings with discounted group registrations
*Simply select the “Pay Later” option at checkout during the online registration process.